A Sermon: Christian Love

>> 20 September 2010

I took a class at the end of August on "Race and American Christianity."  For my final project, I decided to write a sermon.  On September 12, I preached a majorly slimmed down version at a contemporary service; now that I've actually e-mailed the thing in (today) I'm posting the sermon here pretty much in full.

I'm not the most PC person around - in fact, I often delight in not being PC.  I'm not an ultra-liberal, but nor am I ultra-conservative.  Mostly, I just believe in basic human rights, and in the God of the New Covenant - the God of Love.  This sermon isn't supposed to say how to behave politically, or even socially.  It's just supposed to be a reminder to love everyone.

Scripture for this sermon: 1 Corinthians 13:1-3 and Ephesians 4:1-6

Par for course, it appears to be a full manuscript, but I doubt I'd ever preach it exactly as written.

Click here to read!

0 comments:

United Methodist News Service Headlines

Global Ministries Mission News and Features

UMCOR News

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP