Love, Summer School Style

>> 14 July 2010

So with everything else that it was, the trip to Ukraine and Russia was also Summer School.

This Friday, I have due a project that is something of a "report" expressing my "personal spiritual transformation" during the trip.  With what the trip was, the amount of writing I do during the year, and the summer job I've got, I decided I was neither motivated nor possessing of the time to write a normal paper.  I decided, instead, to go with a blog entry.

People



Not that this even begins to cover all the people, but the real point is: stories.  Everyone had a different story on why they were where they were, how they had come to know God, and where they were planning to go with their life.  My story didn't transform, per se, but I did become even more aware of what many Christians would say it is lacking: evidence of a specific realization of God.


Love




Married couples; ministries; old friends; new friends; animals.

I guess there are two reasons I've never had a spiritual revelation.
  • I like scientific proof of things.  If I have epiphanies, they're because of observable facts.
  • I've never needed a revelation.  Observable fact has always suggested to me that there must be some greater good.  That's what all the above types of love represent.


It's hard for me to quantify or qualify any spiritual transformations from Ukaine and Russia, but if I experienced one, it wasn't from the buildings or the artifacts or even the culture.  It was through the living/breathing embodiments of love (human and otherwise) that we interacted with.

0 comments:

United Methodist News Service Headlines

Global Ministries Mission News and Features

UMCOR News

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP