Bit of Explanation

>> 06 January 2010

Despite allll my best-meaning promises, I've been not so good at keeping up with this blog. November and December were somewhat crazy for me and the family.

Most importantly of all, my Grandpa Val had a heart attack and pretty major stroke, and has been moving between hospital and various care facilities ever since. He's still pretty weak, and he's had some setbacks, but as of Dec 30, they were looking at what needed to be done to the house to bring him home (at the time, they said that could happen this week - I'm not sure though). I'd appreciate it if y'all could keep him, and my grandmother, and all their children, in your prayers. They've been married for 68 years, and he swears he's going to live to be 100!

At the same time as all of that started going on, I headed into my first round of term papers and final exams at the BU STh. Toto, I don't think we're at Agnes Scott anymore! I had visions of Emory dancing in my head, going into the Christmas season. There was a lot of interesting conversation and debate amongst us new seminarians about the level of academic rigor vs the level of spiritual development... I like being at a school that's academically challenging, but I will acknowledge that for the time being, the spiritual side of my life suffers a bit.

As I already mentioned, I spent two weeks down south, visiting family and friends over the Christmas break. Prior to that... Did y'all know, I'm 25 now? I'm no longer the "youngest" amongst my friends. Still many who are older, but I'd say I fall in the middle range now. That's a bit weird.

0 comments:

United Methodist News Service Headlines

Global Ministries Mission News and Features

UMCOR News

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP